Pro-Stitcher Designer Virtual Zoom Workshop Series with Diane Henry
This is a three session Virtual Zoom Workshop with Handi Quilter National Educator, Diane Henry!
The Class fee covers all three class sessions. The Classes will be recorded and made available to participants via a private Facebook group for two months following the third class! Questions related to the class can be asked and will be monitored and answered by Diane Henry on that group.
Monday August 14, 2023: Overview of Pro-Stitcher Designer™ – Let’s Digitize
Pro-Stitcher Designer™ is a full featured, vector-based drawing software gives you the ability to quickly design, edit, customize, export and import any quilting motif you can imagine. This class will start with a basic overview of the easy to use features. New users will be creating their own digital designs for their next quilting project by the end of this class!
• Overview of support resources available on-line
• Overview of user interface, basic functions and design catalog
• Using General Settings to configure your Designer experience
• Draw basic designs using the Drawing Tools with a backdrop and add stitches, save and import your design to Pro-Stitcher
• Using the Shape Tool to edit and transform designs
• Editing designs one point at a time & right click options
• Create simple closed shapes using the Artwork Tools and use the Interlocking view option
• Use the Auto Digitizing feature to create a design
• Magic Wand plus a Backdrop easily draws complex designs
Monday August 21, 2023: Going Forward with Pro-Stitcher Designer™ – Let’s Make More from Our
Ready to move on to some more advanced Pro-Stitcher Designer™ techniques? We’ll focus on more of the
features available to create your own design. Create designs using Carousel, Reflect, Echo Quilting and Rays
• Create a design using Artwork
• Carousel to create wreath designs and mandalas
• Reflect basic shapes to create square designs
• See how Echo Quilting can both fill and surround designs
• Use Rays to draw fun background fill designs
• Learn how Repeat on Path creatively places designs on a path
• Using Text Tools for personalizing quilting designs
Monday August 28, 2023: Even More with Pro-Stitcher Designer™ – Connecting, Cropping and Combining
The Power of Designer Features
Let’s unleash even more power from Pro-Stitcher Designer™. This class will focus on creating your own Special Files to be used as Special Effects, Combining, Connecting and Grouping designs, how to Crop, Trim, Weld and Intersect, and how to combine the power of the Designer Features to get exactly the design you want! Bonus Extra: Overview of Pro-Stitcher Catalog.
• Learn how to work with Special Effects and Save your own Special Effect files
• Distinguish from among Combining, Connecting and Grouping designs
• Use the Crop, Trim, Weld and Intersect features to manipulate multiple designs
• Learn use the Slice tool
• Special Exercises will help you learn to combine tools
• Bonus Extra: Gain an overview of Pro-Stitcher Catalog